Fitting Instructions where bush re-uses original outer shell such as
0234, 0638, 0767, 0807, 1005, 1104, 1312, 1411, 1940
This requires the use of the original equipment steel shell.
Original equipment rubber bush must be removed by the following procedure.
Note: This procedure must be carried out in a well ventilated area.
- Use an oxy-acetylene torch or blowlamp to warm the outer shell, this will destroy the bond between the rubber and the shell. The rubber bush can then be removed.
- Further heating can be used to removed any remaining rubber from inside the shell. Use a wire brush and emery paper to finish cleaning the inside of the shell.
- Using supplied assembly lubricant; Grease the inside of the shell and the outside of the polyurethane bush supplied, then with the aid of a vice, clamp, drawbolt or small press, push the bush into the steel shell.
- Grease the inside of the polyurethane bush and the outside of the crush tube (which the bolt fits through). Then press the crush tube into the centre of the polyurethane bush.
- Assembled bush can now be fitted to the vehicle.